Mr David 'Static Playa' John - Brewing Storm!

I call him Mr Static Playa because I believe what he does and who he is, is deserving of this title. I'm sure his fans would agree that this young super talented rapper and producer has only began in his quest to take over the music industry. For a young man who had accomplished so much in such a short while, one can only expect even greater achievements for the future. 

David John, 19. 


Static Playa (Aka Play) Artist & Producer

From: Kagoro, Nigeria

Hobby: Books, any kind

I love apocalypse type movies, Comedy is medicine for the soul, as well as old time classics that nobody watches from waaaayyy back. I just can’t stand the nonverbal motion pictures though..

Last movie I watched? World War Z (Epic!)

Childhood memory: Aunt’s Wedding. Was a massive one. You know Nigerians..!!

Fav Lyric line of mine: From a track from my upcoming project.. “My Ex asked me what my type is, I said I don’t know but it aint you”

Favorite line from other artist: Erykah Badu “A man who knows something knows that he knows nothing at all”

Facebook or twitter: Twitter by Faarrrrrr!!

Whatsapp or Viber: Whatsapp

Fanta or Coke: Coke

he is also head of the production group Pain Killer Gang.

Pain Killer Gang is more a community than it is just a group. Pain Killer is a support group consisting of people with a verity of different forms of art. Anyone could be a Pain killer actually.. But when mentioning Pain Killer artists, your subjects should be, Conscript, Static Playa, Harold Tnt, as Well a Delzio (currently in the works.. artist development..) I explain Pain Killer Gang in the song “Pain Killer Gang Land” Once you hear this song you should have a vivid picture of Pain Killer in your head. It’s the good helping the good in a world filled with so much negativity and dead dreams. We FIGHT to Keep the dreams ALIVE. 


The public knows me as they wish to. They make their judgment off the music and create a mental picture of what they would like to see. I like it that way.. Because I never lie in songs, I can defend every single thing I have said, therefor whatever they picture in their head is never necessarily wrong or right depending on how well they listened to the words of the song.

In the past, I’v worked with Zacc Starks (US), KK (Nam), Lo Ski (Nam), Eric Whitacre (US), Kelly Henry (Nigeria) Marven Southgate (Nam). I’m very selective on who I work with.. But I always reach out to work with talent whenever I see it. I’m a very open minded person. My most biggest collab was with Eric though. Because the feedback was crazy and I have received a decent amount of recognition from his fans!
I’m working on my second Installment to my EP collection. A mixtape/Album basically cause everything on it is original. The First 1 EP was called Pain Killer Gang Land. In which I take the listeners to another world where there is no system control or Expectations.. FREEDOM! Pain Killer Gang Land is a place located in the imagination of the listener.

This New project is a return from Killer Gang Land. In which I bring listeners back to reality, But not for long though.
There is so much to be said about the new EP but I would rather let the music speak for it’s self when it is out. That’s what I’v always done.

I took longer on this EP. But will be out this coming winter. Yes that is intentional, because I feel the music will complement the season” he stated.

A secret: I almost never write lyrics down unless I’m going through writers block which is almost never cause I always have something to say.

Follow Me at StaitcPlaya or find me on facebook! I love speaking to people who support the dream. 


When you see this (image above). You should recognise PKG!!

You can also find his works on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/painkillergangrecords
or



0 Comments