Week 1 of Film School




So I came to Cape Town to hustle my way through film school. It’s completely crazy, but I was even more tired of just not pursuing what I love in the way it should be I guess.

It crazy that I wanted this so bad but when I got here I literally sat in my room and started having panic attacks and so much doubt and questioning my decision.

I was Comfort you are crazy BUT THIS FEELS LIKE YOU JUMPED OFF A CLIFF AND YOU ARE GONNA LAND HEAD FIRST ON ROCKS AND BREAK YOUR NECK.

But also a part of me was like, dude you got here, so let’s see what happens from here on.

I got to school and was told I had to pay a deposit which I SWEAR TO YOU I didn’t see or realize or know about. I feel soooooo dumb! How could I have missed it?! ITS RIGHT THERE COMFORT!

So I prayed all weekend and fasted and called my mom and reached out to everyone I could think of and kept fasting and praying 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

So now I’m fully registered as a student and classes start on Monday.

With everything the facilitators have been saying all week, this year will be tough. But it’s also going to be amazing!!
It’s weird how they are talking about writing a thesis in film and My heart is literally skipping in absolute excitement!

We are also going to be producing films and etc and I just can’t wait!



To be honest there were times when I just wanted to disappear and go back to everything I know but I’m like bruh you came allll this way, as Nigerians will say “ We die here” that’s what I told myself. This is the beginning of the rest of your life, you can either embrace it or runaway from it.

And as I am always preaching, the greatest parts of us is difficult to face sometimes but we must.

We are not created to run away, we are here to show up every day and fight and keep moving forward. Even the days when you know you have nothing left in you, just keep showing up.
Show up and see what happens.

#film #movie #passsion #music #cinema #filmphotography #womenfilmproducers #movies #hollywood #artist #director #filmmaker #filmmaking #cinematography #producer #filmisnotdead #photooftheday #womeninfilm #womeninmedia #womenfilmproducers #production #thesis #mentalhealth


0 Comments