Introducing Yung Froddo...

What started out as a hobby for him has now turned into a promising career, one that he is fully commited to and spends most of his time on.

"Now it's my life, career, hustle, and my girlfriend, fiance and wife. I walk, talk, dream and love music," he stated.

Born in June, 1992, Abimbola Phaisal Remi-Lawal, also known by his stage name, Yung Froddo, has always had a love and passion for music.

 
"Yung Froddo came about when I was brainstorming for a catchy stage name with my homeboy Sossi back then. My nickname in high school actually was Doddo but we was looking from something different and he just suggested Froddo/lil Froddo/Yung froddo. It sounded pretty catchy and I just stuck with it. Most people actually think it's from the movie Lord Of The Rings movie but no. I ain't even seen the movie as at the time. It just came from Doddo. Then I formed Freshest Rapper Of D Dopest Order from FRODDO. That’s all!" he smiled.

 
He counts the wide acceptance of his songs and winning the Fresh Beats Artiste on Beat FM three times as some of his accomplishments, adding that there is still more to come.

 
"I have shared a stage wit artistes like Jayru,PatoRanking,Joe El,Falz Tha Bahd Guy, BRed HKN, Classiq, Saeon Moruda, Joules Tha Kid, Magnito, Tundey Fa Tundey, to mention a few."

 
Currently a final year student at the Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife Osun State, the rapper said his favourite spot to hang out is in the studio or anywhere he can watch Chelsea FC games.

His journey into the music industry began after his high school matriculation holidays. Himself and Sossi began dabbling in rap and writing lyrics,

 
"whenever he wrote , I was always there and at times we would go through his lyrics together. So one day I decided to give it a try and told myself that I could do it too. I bought a book and started writing. Then I showed him and he was like ‘dude, this is hot’ so I started comin up wih my own stuff too. I had so much fun doing it at the time. After a while, I started posting my punchlines and lyrics on facebook and the response was incredible. It pushed me to get better and work even harder," he explained.

 
During a school strike, after almost 2 years of not writing lyrics due to school work, he called Jay D Evan, a rapper who had an impression on him since they met in his first year at University. By the time the school resumed, they had recorded a nine-track mixtape on his computer called World War III.

 
"It wasn’t even a proper studio, but we got  many downloads and rave reviews. A couple of months later the school went on strike again and I decided get even more serious with my music. My mother paid for my first studio session. Thank you mom. That's how I recorded my first single titled 'Froddo is Back'," which can be downloaded at http://tinyurl.com/ohog5jy .

 
He said the song is about how he went on a break and came back with a refined style, "since then the name and the brand 'Yung Froddo' has been growing from strength to strength. Glory be to God."

 
He isn't sure about his specific style as he explains that what he does on a song depends on the inspiration he gets in the moment or from the beat. although he blends yoruba, which is his native language, pidgin and English, even sometimes with a touch of French and German he adds, stating that that will happen as times goes.

 
Every industry has their struggles and the music industry is no different. The up-and-coming artist expresses his thoughts on the difficulties faced in the industry, highlighting that the main difficulty is the financial one but focus and determination are the keys to pushing onwards for the ultimate success.

 
"You need big money to get dope beats, a properly equipped studio, promotion and branding. It's not easy at all as an independent act but we will keep pushing hard," he reiterated.

 
Mentioning more artists that he has worked with, he includes Almon, Sandie, Bodo, Jaym0ni Swaggz Tha Suspect, Sarz . He just dropped a hot song titled SWAGGU, which features Jayru. Jayru is known for his work with Wizkid on the track "Familiarity", which was a while back.

 
"I'm currently cooking up something with Sossi and working on a video for one of my tracks and I will keep dropping dope singles. You know with Froddo you only get the best. I will be out all day because the top is my target."

 
He comments that his main goal has always been to make good music that everyone can appreciate. He aims to go international and put his city, Ibadan on the map with music.

 
His advice to other up and coming artists; "it's like a woman in the labour room - keep pushing! Keep working hard and put God first. The sky is not the limit, its' the starting point!"

 
His final words: "First of all, big shoutout to Hawtspitta for this interview. Thanks for the support since day 1. One love. And big shoutout to everybody who's been supporting me - my fams, friends, OAPS, bloggers em.. #TeamFroddoShii.."

 
Find him on Twitter and Instagram @yungfroddo and for his music visit  www.hulkshare.com/yungfroddo or  www.reverbnation.com/yungfroddo, or simply Google "Yung Froddo".

 
#LordFroddoShii #Music #NigerianMusic #InternationalMusic #Artist #YungFroddo #Talent #Africa #Blog #MusicBlog #Inspiration #Life #Passion #Dreams #Hobby #MusicIsLife #Music_Is_Life #MusicMakesADifference #Music_Makes_A_Difference #Tumblr #Facebook #Twitter #Instagram #Fun #LiveLife #Live_life #BeYou #Be_You

0 Comments