Remaining Soulful and Youthful with Riiku #1

Name and Surname: Rikuvera Kauapirura

Stage/ Artist name: Riiku

Age: 23

Occupation: Finance Management Student at I.U.M (International University of Management

Location: Windhoek, Namibia

Genre: Hip Hop/Rap

How did you get into music?

Well, it started at my primary school Emma Hoogenhout. We were on a trip to Cape Town, South Africa, and as drove down to SA two friends of mine (Mike Sinvula and the late Aleck de Kock) started freestyling.

I wasn’t really into rap music before then. They asked me to join in their freestyle and I did.

I started “doing my thing” everyone was feeling it. I probably just got “groot kop” but from that day onwards I knew me and Hip Hop were just made for each other, like a thirsty guy and water.


What is your message?
 
I believe in my lyrical capabilities very much, the messages that I deliver in my music usually has to do with the everyday life stories going in my life and in the lives of those close to me. Some people tell me I’m a gospel rapper, but I think it’s only because I include God in my lyrics, I only do that because he is and always will be a part of my life.

-       Always be you and never fake that for anything in the world.

What other talents do you have?

Well I play football very well and I’m a very good dancer, please don’t test me.

I can ride a horse, is that a talent? 



0 Comments