Essence of Voice


For the longest time I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know if it was important or not, or at most if it was relevant or not.

Right now, that I have found what I want to say and I can’t stop talking. There is an urgency in me right now, to get my messages out there at scale, at a rate that reaches who it needs to on time before they make an uninformed decision.

I am deeply concerned for those who are ignorant, not by choice but, by not meeting the information that they are looking for.

This is the essence of my voice.

A lot of people will struggle to find their voice because they don’t know who they are talking to. In marketing, the emphasis on target market is so heightened because it is what ultimately guides you to design your product and your marketing campaign.

The same goes for any speaker, writer, artist or profession in the world, even you reading this right now – Who are you talking to?

To find your voice you have to know who you are talking to and what you would like to say to them. In addition, your message has to be authentic and it has to be as genuine as possible and that kind of message can only come from owning your vulnerability and exercising your power.

Nothing and no one can make you feel less than you are worth, unless you allow it. I struggled with finding my voice, not because I didn’t know who I wanted to speak to, but more on trying to be someone I am not. I wasn’t being authentic and genuine. When you put on a face that isn’t yours, it will eventually fall off and you will be exposed.

Just in case you haven’t noticed, we all having something going on. We all have something we feel we should be ashamed for, something we want to hide, something we think will make people run away from us. We all have something that makes us feel unimaginably flawed, when we compare ourselves to others.

In my opinion, all these things prove how human we truly are. We all have a cross to bear. So if we all have one, then why are you ashamed to share your story?

I truly believe in the power of a story. Each one of us has a story to share, we have something to say and that isn’t for the sake of saying it, most of the time, by sharing our story we empower not just ourselves but others too.

The power of embracing your vulnerability is like no other. The power of facing your demons, knowing and owning every aspect of your humanity is second to none.

This, in addition to many others, is what I have been trying to say.

So what is your story and how is it going to determine the essence of your voice?


0 Comments