SELF AWARENESS: How to take criticism

Self-awareness is defined as conscious knowledge of one's own character and feelings. (Google) but I think it goes further than this.

There are so many layers to us, who we are as people and furthermore as individuals. Over time we begin to realise that we are more than what we are told we are.

Becoming more self-aware is one of the best things we can do for ourselves and those around us. We might realise it but there is so much of who we are that we can improve on to help us have an overall better experience of life and our relationships with people.

We have so many tendencies, behaviours, characteristics that are holding us back and hampering our progress in life. I am not only referring to the professional path but also personal. I look back to my past work experiences and it dawns on me that my perception of myself and my offering really held me back in so many ways than I can count back then.

Thank God for life and growth. Self-awareness is not becoming self-absorbed if anything, it is more about becoming selfless and letting go of false hubris. In most areas of our lives, there is always room for improvement.

Mentally, physically, intellectually, Spiritually, financially - we don't know everything so we need good people around us to point us in the right direction and help us... One thing that many people deal with is the lack of time management and not being punctual.

When you have an appointment and don't show up on time and not communicate effectively beforehand, that is very disrespectful to the person that is waiting for you.

I repeat IT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO KEEP PEOPLE WAITING WITHOUT PROPERLY COMMUNICATING AHEAD OF TIME OR AT ALL. Whether this is your friend, family, work meeting or meeting a stranger, BEING ON TIME SHOWS THAT YOU VALUE THAT PERSON AND THEIR TIME. SHOW UP ON TIME AND STOP DISRESPECTING PEOPLE'S TIME.
Personally, I can be dismissive, overly sarcastic and rude when interacting with people (family, friends, and even strangers) sometimes, it always has nothing to do with them, it is a bad habit and tendency that I have as a person. I am working on this.

What are you working on?

#selfawareness #selfawarenessquotes 

0 Comments