Day 1: Pursuing The Dream

Day 1.

Cape Town finally.

I like the vibe of the city. The busy roads, quiet streets and closeness of the stores and services. Everyone seems to be about their own business, driving from one destination to the other, constant wind blowing cool breeze in the face of those walking and the warmth of the bright sun lighting up every corner of the town. Green trees popping up between brightly colored houses and the barks of dogs and machines fill the air often.

I am here now. After all my stubbornness and rants about pursuing my passions and dreams. I am here now the city where my film school is and I have never been so scared in my life. Okay, that’s a lie, I’ve been robbed a few times back home, those were pretty scary.
But this is a different kind of fear though, it feels like warm water on the stove, on the lowest heat. It’s just simmering. A part of me wants to be used to everything in the new town at once. To know place, red people, not feel so brand new.

But I know I have to take it one day at a time. So I went to campus and saw the building, and some staff and some students in the labs. It just felt so normal. I thought I would have sparks and butterfly but nothing.To add to that, I found out that I have to pay a certain amount of the fees before classes even start. An amount I wasn’t aware of but nonetheless I have faith all will go smoothly.

I have faith. Faith. I almost want to tattoo the word right on my forehead because it has been the only thing carrying me through.
I don’t particularly enjoy the fact that I have no internet and the one I have is so extremely slow. I swear we as humanity need to stop settling for less. Bare minimum service providers must fall.

So I will spend the next couple of hours writing and reading and if I can eventually close my eyes and drift away, maybe sleeping.

So the WiFi at the house got setup before the day ended, thankfully, so I can upload this.



Faith has brought me this far, I know he will carry me through. If anyone can make things happen, it’s definitely God.

25, Jan, 2019.

0 Comments