Week 2 of Film School





This week was much easier than the first. I know where school is. I walk there without any anxiety.
I enjoy the long classes (lol) and everything that's being said feels like a fresh breeze on my face.
They use such complex terms and sometimes I sit there lost trying to find myself in all the grammar.

( this is why I left writing y'all, I can't describe things further than 'The sky was blue ðŸ˜‚, this English is heavy fam)
I've made a few friends & we plan to do some podcasts together. Everyone is really serious about their work, the energy is so tense when we are being given instructions and the questions keep coming.
One thing I love is that the whole school operates as one.

We are creatives, yes, but in a school full of other creatives you are encouraged to be cool with everyone because you don't know who might be hiring in the industry tomorrow.

At the same time, we all have to produce films as crews this year ( the entire school) so that means you might have extra actors or extra crew members from Year 1 to 3, everything is for credit so we are all helping each other.

I changed my time schedule, waking up earlier and sleeping later. I feel like time is running out even as we just barely started.

I'm taking the 3rd year Production course with a friend and fellow 4th year as well to help us catch up with those who already know whats'up.

She has a BA Hons in Finance and after a year of working decided to pursue her passion for filmmaking and me with my English background, both of us decided it was a good idea to stick to the classes and get as much notes as we can to catch up.
Today we attended class and she trusted the weather app instead of trusting the sky, so she had a bit of a cold. ( Windhoek teaches you never to trust the weather report fam ðŸ˜‚😂😂 )
Every time she coughed I said "sorry" ðŸ˜‚

After 3 hours of class, she told me " STOP SAYING SORRY, I'm the one coughing! Why are you saying sorry?" And I LEGIT almost said sorry again ðŸ˜‚😂 so I laughed instead and sad "my bad gurl" ðŸ˜‚😂

I thoroughly enjoyed today's RPL class, it was sooòo informative! To think I almost got lost finding the class and giving up.

Producers really do so much to not have their name right at the very beginning of the films/movies.
Fam my first feature film will have my name right at the beginning!! In all caps

THIS MOVIE WAS PRODUCED BY COMFORT ITUNU ARIYO AJIBOLA, THE FIRST OF HER NAME IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT I AM IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE COME AND FIND ME.
Very subtle right ðŸ˜Œ
lol ðŸ˜‰

It's awesome to be here and I am excited for next week. I am presenting the abstract for my thesis on Monday morning.


1 Comments

  1. I love this entry. Intensify your energy. Observe, practice, observe someone and keep challenging yourself.

    ReplyDelete