Poets of Windhoek city - Jane Sinyama Mungabwa

                                                                                                      
 
Stage Name: JaNe LuNa
Tribe: Subia
Age: 21

Qualification/ Occupation: Bachelor of Arts in Communication/ Registry Clerk Social Security Commission of Namibia

Why did you do Poetry?
I did poetry because, It’s was a way in which I could comfortably share my thoughts and feelings. As an introvert, I had so much to share but my inability to express myself verbally in social contexts always held me back.

How many times have you performed and how did it feel?

I have Performed twice now, and surprisingly, given my inability to even a decent conversation with even one person, I was completely at home on the Spoken word Namibia Stage...It was amazing!

How does it feel performing for the first time: The first time that I performed I was shaking in boots, but as soon as I started speaking and got a positive response from the crowd, the adrenalin started pumping and I was hyped up and I was all smooth sailing from there? I feel that I had a pretty impressive debut.

What is the essence of Poetry to you?
To me the essence of Poetry is emotions... Anything you feel strongly about. Is it nature, romance sadness...anything that that makes you feel

what message do you hope to leave with the audience?

I want to leave people with the message that they are all capable of change and greatness if they focus on the positive. I want people feeling love for themselves and for others so that they build each other up.

What is your muse?
For most of my work, heartbreak has been my muse...

How many Poems do you have?
So far a have about 30 pieces.

 
 


 When did you start writing?
I started writing in 2007, when I was in grade 8

Besides poetry: besides poetry I sing...Even thou for now I haven't recorded anything yet… The music scene should watch out for the Sexy Jazzy sound that I will bring in the not so distant future.

Motto: To be fully alive is to live fully in the present

Final words:

Love. Just love.

 
Fav Artist: Afunika (Zambian), Adele, Sam Smith.

Fav Local artist: Shishani, Black Vulcanite, The Truth

Fav Books: Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet street, undead and unwed, the fifteen
lives of Harry August, Pride and Prejudice, Gone Girl

Fav author: Jane Austen

Fav Poet Internationally: lauryn Hill,
Fav Local Poet: uhm...so far...Playshis, Nunu Namises, Don Stevenson.
Fav Quote: "The end of a matter is better than its beginning and patience is better than pride"



2 Comments