Event Dynamo AKA Glitteratie - Aisha Diori


Name and surname:

Aisha Diori (AKA Glitteratie )

Age: A woman never tells her age

Occupation: (and where?):
Special Events Manager Schomburg Center For Research In Black Culture



What are some of your hobbies? I love to read and one of my favorite books so far is I Do Not Come To You By Chance by Adaobi Tricia
Nwaubani and I love to watch great web-series on youtube and they are some wonderful African One’s have have stumbled across one of my favorites is Skinny Girl In Transit by Ndani TV

If you retired tomorrow and wanted to start a wildly different second career, what would you do?
I wasn’t to be a super star talk show host to the World but with a special passion for anything in the African Diaspora

Where is your favorite place to visit? I love to visit Africa which is where I was born. It really evokes a sensation I get nowhere else in the world.

Describe a personal hero of yours. A personal hero of mine is Kara Olidge the Executive Director of the Amistad Center in New Orleans; she embodies to me a Black woman empowered and resilient and has mentored me in some of the spaces I have navigated in life

Are you a morning person or a night owl? Yes to my detriment, I am always up and I blame social media for my night addiction.

What’s next for you in your work?  I want to continue having stellar events and attracting stellar events in the unique venue space I manage

What are you looking forward to before the end of this year?  I’m looking forward to my vacation to Nigeria


Do any metaphors come to mind to describe the kind of work you do?  Events Dynamo

What is your greatest motivation? Failure

If you are to point out one of your flaws, which one would it be and why?  A flaw that can be spun into a positive is my outgoing personality which you can hate or love; I say what is on my mind and some people can’t take that.

What is your greatest quality? My ability to meet people where they are at, never seeing myself better than anyone!

Any closing words: Take life by its heels and run with it, the Sky is your limit.

Social Media

:

Facebook: glitteratie
Twitter: glitteratie1
Instagram: glitteratieent
YouTube: glitteratient

0 Comments